This fun design for a beaded multi-strand bracelet is an easy project to take on whether you’re new to beading or a seasoned pro! With their combination of metallics, leather and beads, these bracelets are fun, casual and bohemian – the perfect touch for any outfit.
Here’s what you will need:
Softflex Beading Wire
A length of rolo chain
1mm leather cord
A pewter button
An assortment of Czech glass and/or Swarovski crystal beads
– Tip: We used Czech firepolish in 4mm, Swarovski Pearls in 4mm, Swarovski bicones in 4mm and Farfalle Seed Beads in 4x2mm. Pick your own colors to match any outfit and click here for some useful color ideas.
Here is how to do it:
1. Cut several pieces of softflex. The amount will depend on how many strands you want your bracelet to have. For the length, measure the circumference of your wrist and add 3 inches.
4. Crimp the tube.
6. When threading, make sure to tuck in the tail on the softflex into the first few beads to hide it.
6. We added a small segment of metallic color beads in the same place on each strand to create a modern look.
7. When the strand is long enough that the ends touch when you wrap it around your wrist, end the strand.
8. To finish the strand, thread on a crimp tube and make a loop like you did to start the strand.
9. Crimp the tube and thread the extra tail through a few on the last beads. Pull the tail with pliers if necessary.
10. Cut off the excess tail.
11. Make as many strands as you’d like for you bracelet. For this one we made 6.
12. Now, cut 2 pieces of leather cord. About 5 inches each.
13. Thread the bead strands on to the cord. Then slide them to the center.
14. Take some rolo chain and pull apart every other link.
15. Slide a few links onto the leather cord. This will cover must of the softflex and will give the ends of the bracelet a nice, finished look.
16. Tie a knot on the end to keep the links from sliding.
Repeat step 15 and 16 on the other side.
18. Tie a knot to keep it in place.
19. On the other end, simply tie a knot to make a slit big enough for the button to go through.
20. Cut the excess cord.
And you’re done! Now go show off your cool new bracelet. Just remember, you’ll probably get requests to make many more for all your friends!